What is Orbera®?
The ORBERA® Managed Weight Loss Program is a unique and effective non-surgical six month weight loss program. It’s an effective option for those who have tried different diets, pills and other weight loss programs, and have not been satisfied with these results. The procedure is reversible and considered non-surgical, as it is performed under light sedation and takes approximately 20 minutes.
How does it work?
The combination of the ORBERA® ‘balloon’ (which is a soft, expandable intragastric device) and a support program can kick start your weight loss to help your achieve your goals.
The Orbera® Intragastric Balloon stays in place for 6 months (it is removed the in the same process as being inserted), in which it aids portion control and allows the patient to feel full sooner, therefore patients eat less. The device itself, combined with a 12 month follow-up program where we support you along the way regularly with a multidisciplinary approach, assists with achieving your weight loss goals.
- Effective, managed weight loss
- Nutritional and lifestyle support
- Aids portion control
- Non-permanent, medically designed device
- Clinically proven for over 20 years
- Over 220,000 implanted globally
Weight loss with Orbera®
The amount a patient may lose with Orbera® depends on how well the program is followed, and how they adapt to the eating and lifestyle changes. Experience demonstrates that the majority of a person’s weight loss typically occurs during the first two to three months of treatment, with most patients losing an average of 10-15kg*. The aim is to achieve an average of 1kg weight loss per week.
Medically Proven tool for Weight Loss
The Orbera® Intragastric Balloon has been clinically proven for over 20 years, with hundreds of published clinical papers showing proven results. The Food and Drug Administration of the United States has approved Orbera in assisting patients who suffer from obesity with a body mass index of 30-40 to lose weight. It is a safe and effective weight loss solution with over 220, 000 placements world wide.
Is Orbera® right for me?
There are three basic criteria that can make you eligible for the ORBERA® Managed Weight Loss Program. These are if you’re;
- Moderately overweight and haven’t been successful in losing weight
- Not eligible or aren’t comfortable with weight loss surgery
- BMI is equal to or over 27 and you are willing to participate in a medically supervised diet and behaviour change program.
Weight Loss Journey
The key stages in the ORBERA® weight loss journey:
- Preparation with your doctor
- Placement of the ORBERA® Intragastric balloon in a day surgery procedure
- Recovery and a liquid diet for the first few days
- Moving onto semi-solid and then solid foods
- Following exercise programs under advice from health professionals
- Regular review during the six months with your team to follow the program
- Removal of the ORBERA® Intragastric balloon after six months
James lost 17kg with the Orbera® Intragastric Balloon. James was struggling to go for a walk, move around and getting in and out of his car. When it came to losing weight, he chose the Orbera® Intragastric Balloon because it was a non-surgical procedure.
Watch James’ story
Carol lost 10kg with the Orbera® Managed Weight Loss Programme. For Carol, being able to play with her little grandson is the greatest reward for losing 10kg through the Orbera® Managed Weight Loss Progamme, and she also now enjoys running in events.
Watch Carol’s story
Lesley lost 15kg with the Orbera® Intragastric Balloon; with her son’s wedding fast approaching, Lesley had to do something about the fluctuating weight she’d battled for years.
Watch Lesley’s story